Manage new incoming jobs, insure that all quotes and launches are handled efficiently and maintain time
schedule to meet customer expectations. Implement process improvement plans to improve order entry
process. Maintain customer interface in regards to required project schedules. Determine material
requirements from engineering and production schedules.
- Manage all production order entry and supervision by promotion of a positive team-oriented atmosphere.
- Identify and initiate accurate production procedures and information in accordance with customer specifications.
- Maintain awareness of safety conditions to include up to date knowledge of procedures.
- Manage and control departmental expenditure.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor the movement of materials through to the production cycle.
- Evaluate vendor reliability, quality and develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
- Monitor cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- Define procurement and scheduling needs to satisfy customer requirements.
- Manage the supplier base for customer assigned products.
- Participate in cross functional teams for new product introduction.
- Assist in establishing, planning, scheduling, and monitoring production builds in conjunction with meeting customer requirements and corporate inventory goals.
- Work with document control personnel on ensuring changes and revisions get communicated to customers in a timely manner.
- Work with commodity managers on pricing for given contract manufacturing.