To plan and carry out the management of the quality department, so as to maintain and develop Piping Technology & Products, Inc., US Bellows, Inc. and Sweco Fab. Inc. range of products to major accounts, in accordance with agreed business plans. Reports to the Vice President.
- Develop and implement quality management strategy and plans, including resource, systems, timescales, financials, to support, contribute to, and integrate within, the organization’s annual business plan and long-term strategy.
- Develop and maintain systems to establish standards relating to activities and products.
- Develop WPS, PQR’s, and WPQ’s in accordance with ASME IX and AWS D1.1 and D1.6.
- Develop Inspection and Test Plans as required for all divisions.
- Review and approve all ASME VIII calculations, drawings, weld procedures and data reports
- Manage Quality and Document Control departments.
- Monitor and inform/communicate/apply standards created/maintained by external bodies, and integrate within internal quality management systems.
- Establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments.
- Manage departmental performance against agreed targets and budgets, and within policies and standards, taking necessary action to communicate/advise/assist according to performance levels.
- Responsible for all Quality Documentation
- Responsible for all Supplier Documentation
- Responsible for all quality related customer audits, ISO Certification Audits and ASME VIII Joint Reviews.
- Trains personnel as needed.
- To work overtime as requested.
- Engineering Degree or related industry experience.
- Knowledge of ASME IIA, IIB, IIC and ASTM materials required.
- Knowledge of quality assurance techniques and terminology.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)