Responsible for overseeing the customer service department and ensuring the company delivers the highest level of customer service possible. The customer service manager reports to the plant manager, supervises employees, trains, coaches, evaluates, and mentors employees.
- Investigate customer problems, present options, develop solutions, and ensure proper expectations.
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, or letter.
- Resolve complaints and order issues.
- Keep abreast of new company products and services.
- Analyze data and statistics.
- Compile and print reports on overall customer satisfaction.
- Isolate and identify areas of improvement.
- Work with management on customer service initiatives.
- Analyze customer needs, and recommend appropriate products and services to clients.
- Develop a service culture which meets customer satisfaction objectives as well as business growth goals.
- Develop strategies to improve customer relations and customers overall experience.
- To work overtime as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years customer service experience required.
- Experience in the oil & gas industry preferred.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Management experience required.
- Excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, and highly customer oriented.
- Computer literate with experience using e-mail and word processing applications.
- Ability to learn and understand software and complete transactions pertaining to fabrication or welding operations, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to supervise diverse work groups in a team environment using effective listening, coaching, training, investigative and problem-solving skills, ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and effective time management in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting company objective for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Recommending process improvement and managing processes.
- Reading and understanding of customer contracts and procedures.
- Creating spreadsheets, charts, graphs, presentations, letters, and memos.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Deductive Reasoning – the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning – the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Oral Expression – the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression – the ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)