One of the biggest challenges we see at operating plants is the loss of historical information about the piping system. This can be a major issue for maintenance teams, particularly for troubleshooting. Under the broader umbrella of our field services division, PT&P offers a wide range of services for these situations including:
- Reverse Engineering of Spring Supports – PT&P can estimate the loads and movements of a spring support for which the original tag and drawing have been lost.
- Reverse Engineering of Expansion Joint Specification – Allows for estimation of expansion joint information if historical information has been lost.
- Reverse Engineering of Isometrics – PT&P can use laser scanning to reverse engineer Isometrics.
- Reverse Engineering of Pipe Stress Model – PT&P can reverse engineer the Pipe Stress model by having the customer supply Isometrics or by reverse engineering the Isometrics.
- Reverse Engineering of Insulated Supports – PT&P can reverse engineer any hot or cold shoes by taking detailed measurements of the support in the field and sending drawings back to the shop for a quick lead time during a turnaround.