The main aim of an Engineer is to meet customer requirements and specifications in accordance with company’s policies and procedures. He will assist the Project Engineer – manufacturing processes for building pipe supports, expansion joints, sway braces and big tons springs etc. He will also be required to develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, tooling and production equipment capabilities and quality control standards. He will also need to confer with vendors or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Familiar with manufacturing techniques, product requirements, Job procedures, and material requirements.
- Assist Project Engineer in the day to day operations.
- Prepare transmittals and drawings received from our design group to send it to client.
- Update the drawings and after receiving approval from our client input the drawing tags into the database (Project Control Document).
- Send the client’s reply for the drawings to our design group.
- Put the approved drawings in different jobs according to the support characteristics and types.
- Interface with the client and correspond the same to Project manager, Project Engineer, Shop Operations Manager) and to shipping manager
- Does material take off (J.Q.) and send it to the shop and involve in planning, directing & coordinating the manufacturing processes.
- Update the support status in the database and send it to our client every week.
- Interface with various departments for the completion of the job like detailing, Fab shop, Q.C., shipping etc.
- As soon as the job is ready to ship, the documents like commercial Invoice from the accounting, C.O.C. from the Q.C. department and the skid weights from the shipping department are collected to put together the shipping documents with another Engineer.
- At times lead some projects to assist the Project Engineers to ship it on time.
- Prepare quotations for blanket projects & AutoCAD drawings under instruction from Project Manager