Handles and maintains the flow of materials and products in manufacturing areas according to established guidelines and under the direct supervision of department lead men.
- Will drive a forklift and/or pallet jack to assist with the loading and unloading of incoming raw materials and outgoing finished product.
- Able to work efficiently in all weather conditions i.e., (heat, cold, rain, snow, wind).
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Demonstrate the need for thoroughness, accuracy, on-time and quality related to all orders serviced through the plant.
- Provide a daily cycle count of finished goods as directed.
- Attaches identifying tags or label to materials or marks information on cases, bales or other containers.
- Operate powered forklifts, hoists, hand carts, and other material handling equipment to maintain workflow and the organization of material.
- Perform a daily check of equipment for condition and function.
- In the case of any equipment malfunction, inform the supervisor or person in charge.
- Mark materials and material locations properly.
- Keep pallets, boxes, packaging material, and separators neatly stacked.
- Assist in general housekeeping and clean-up tasks.
- Complete inventory and routing documents correctly.
- Use time, shop supplies, and materials efficiently.
- May be exposed to excessive noise, welding gases and fumes, and varying weather conditions.
- To work overtime as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience as a Material Handler and demonstration of the skills necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Familiarity with part numbering systems.
- Able to operate a pallet jack and forklift.
- Able to work accurately from verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, reach, kneel, twist, pull, push, grip, and climb.