Sell goods for wholesalers or manufacturers to businesses or groups of individuals. Work requires substantial knowledge of items sold
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests.
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
- Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Clarity – The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition – The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Experience and Education:
- Some College Courses; Over 4 years, up to and
- Sit or stand for long periods of time