To monitor the flow of materials, components, tooling, and paperwork between departments to conform with production schedules. To confer with supervisors to eliminate difficulties and delays. To facilitate rush orders, prepare standard progress reports, and notify a supervisor of major problems. The Production Expediter reports to the Customer Service Manager.
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Contact suppliers to verify shipment details.
- Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates.
- To work overtime as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A.A. degree in a technical field or equivalent training/experience.
- Expediting experience within Oil & Gas related industry highly preferred.
- Competence in duties and tasks of direct reports.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to effectively direct and coordinate the efforts of direct reports.