Position has responsibility for coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and PTP standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.
- Not responsible to ensure the technical accuracy of specific design details in areas where not qualified.
- Expected to have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- While on a project, the Project Engineer reports to the Project manager, who has ultimate responsibility for both the quality of PTP deliverable and effective execution of project assignments.
- On projects where no Project Engineer is assigned, Project manager is responsible for these duties.
- On a large project the Project Manager may delegate certain project management responsibilities to the Project Engineer, including day-today interaction with the Client’s designated representative as well as coordination of all internal activities performed by PTP staff.
- However, the designated Project manager retains overall accountability for relationship management and Client satisfaction on the project.
- Project engineering schedules and forecasts.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables.
- Monthly project status reports and change orders.
- AutoCAD highly desirable.
- BATC Safety Training
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Licensed engineer is preferred.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Background screening includes previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project Clients.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Participating in Client/contractor meetings and resolving client/engineering and management project issues.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, and over ten years of experience with advance knowledge, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education; or
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as work load’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to and visit a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- May be assigned to work at a Client’s office, facility or site for an extended period of time.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- When performing outside PTP office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by PTP and/or Client as required.