The Planner/Scheduler reports directly to the Scheduling Supervisor. This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of logically linked resource-loaded schedules. The Planner/Scheduler applies good strong and diversified knowledge of Project Control Management principles and practices relevant to manufacturing projects in meeting technical cost and schedule objectives.
- Prepares production schedules with attention to product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan operations.
- Identify bottlenecks in manufacturing process, analyze root cause, and provide/implement solutions.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing
- Route assemblies to appropriate workstations.
- Keep teams and individuals aware of key milestones, deadlines, and potential delays.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Monitor the project plan related to flow of materials, inventory, and timing of manufacturing operations.
- Assist in the preparation of status briefings, status reports, and presentations.
- Host and attend meetings with customer service team and management.
- Generate various schedule based reports and schedule views.
- Work directly with department supervisors to clearly define daily production expectations/quotas.
- To work overtime, as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years in a scheduling/planning roll
- Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and self-directed
- Analytical skill abilities; Organized & Detail oriented
- Confidence and capability to multi-task complicated issues at one time
- Computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Project Management and/or Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Experience
- Production Control & Logistics Experience
- Project Management experience / PMP Certification