The main aim of a Job Technician is to meet customer requirements and specifications in accordance with company’s policies and procedures. He will also be required to develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, tooling and production equipment capabilities and quality control standards. He will also need to confer with vendors or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Familiar with manufacturing techniques, product requirements, Job procedures, and material requirements.
- Maintain awareness safety conditions to include up to date knowledge of procedures.
- Assist Sales, Customer Service Department, Manufacturing Department.
- Complete the material take-off in the Job quote application software.
- Make recommendations on better design and automation improvements.
- On completion of JQ, check it thoroughly before submitting it to detailing.
- Submit complete file to detailing after reviewing the checklist on the SHOP FILE.
- If any corrections are identified by detailing, make sure that such errors are not repeated next time.
- Any clarification from the shop should be answered without delay.
- Maintain communication with the customer and provide feedback to the production personnel.
- Co-ordinate with the Project Engineer and keep him updated of the ongoing activities.