Piping Technology & Products, Inc. recently designed and manufactured a hydraulic snubber weighing 4000 pounds for an oil refinery in Mexico. The snubber is fabricated from carbon steel with dimensions of 17 x 101. It supports a maximum load of 225,000 lbs. The purpose of the hydraulic snubber is to reduce shock loading created by events such as water hammer or an earthquake. To meet customer specifications, the hydraulic snubber was coated with a three-coat paint system.
Live Pipe Supports Webinar
• NEW Live Webinar: Pipe Stress Analysis and Solutions
• September 26, 2019 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Piping Design and Analysis Influence on Pipe Support Selection and Design
Surveying a piping system? Need to change a current system?
This course is also great for…
• New Engineers, Management and Operations
• Field, Process, Maintenance and New Engineers
• Piping and Piping System Designers and/or Instructors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. Credits