These custom fig. 2110, size 8 sway struts are for a liquid filters manufacturer located in Mississippi. Both sway struts have a 128,000 lb. load capacity and are fabricated from carbon steel with a hot-dipped galvanized finish. The sway struts measure 68-5/8″ long and have a 4″ diameter rod size. A load test was performed prior to an expedited shipping schedule of 1-1/2 weeks.
Do you require custom supports that are not found in our catalog? No problem! Get pricing today.
Do you have a plant turnaround scheduled or planning one in the near future? PT&P is prepared to be there for you throughout the entire process. From planning, to execution, and follow-up, we have what it takes to accomplish a successful plant turnaround.
Prior to Your Turnaround:
– Call our field service team to assist with plant walk-downs to assess your plant for maintenance, repair or replacement of pipe supports and expansion joints
– Contact our quotations department for immediate pricing on pipe supports, expansion joints, or auxiliary steel needed during the turnaround.
– Consult our experienced engineers for guidance on support placement, materials, finishes, etc. to ensure optimum life of the supports.
During Your Turnaround:
– Use our field service team to guide you through installation, start-up, and replacement to safely and efficiently handle your turnaround.
– For quick delivery, PT&P stocks over 1500 bellows, over 100,000 lb. of insulation materials, over 30,000 spring coils, and over 1 million pounds of standard items
– Receive training to monitor the supports, and identify potential failure, in order to prevent unplanned turnarounds in the future.
– Learn correct size and selection of pipe supports and expansion joints per application for any post-turnaround resolutions.
– Call on our field service team to develop a data book of existing pipe supports and expansion joints and their conditions in order to identify potential maintenance issues in upcoming turnarounds.
A rectangular metal expansion joint was refurbished on an emergency basis for a local chemical plant. Upon arrival, it was acid washed and dye-penetrant examined for any cracks. View the full Article
U.S. Bellows, Inc. refurbished two pressure balanced elbow expansion joints with a quick turnaround for a power generation plant during outages. They are designed for high pressure turbine crossover piping. The first 54″ outside diameter expansion joint leaked from a crack in the bellows causing an unscheduled outage. View the full article.
This expansion joint was received in the morning and shipped to the customer the very same day. The bellows, liner and cover were replaced and the carbon steel parts were sand blasted, cleaned and painted. A dye-penetrant test and hydro-test to 518 PSIG were performed prior to shipment. View the full article.
This expansion joint was received in the morning, refurbished by adding new bellows and limit rods, and then shipped the very same day. New 321 stainless steel bellows were fabricated and the existing flanges were reused by sandblasting and then painting for corrosion protection. View the full article.
Let us assist you on your next plant turnaround. Our field service team is ready to help!
The slide plates are comprised of 1/4″ thick PTFE, 25% glass filled slide plates bonded to 1/8″ A240 grade 316 L stainless steel backing plates. Stainless steel was used for better resistance to corrosion and longevity. The assemblies measure 83″ long by 20″ wide and will be installed underneath a bridge. A total of 16 slide plates were fabricated and designed for a pressure of 500 psi at ambient temperature. PTFE, 25% glass filled material provides a low coefficient of friction, is easy to install, does not require surface treatments, or grouting, and is unaffected by weather conditions.
Would you like to learn more about slide plates? Check out a recording of our past slide plate webinar!
The ladders and platforms were designed to be installed on a 90′ tall pressure vessel. The ladders were fabricated from carbon steel and ranged in size from 5′ to 38′ in length. The vessel platforms were also fabricated from carbon steel and measure up to 16′-6″ in diameter.
Do you require ladders or platforms for a vessel or tank? Let us serve your needs today!