This custom designed variable spring assembly is comprised of a standard PTP-1-160 type F variable spring with a supplementary extension and load flange with a stainless steel slide plate. The variable is fabricated entirely from carbon steel with a hot-dipped galvanize finish. The extension is schedule 40 pipe, 8″ in diameter and 12-5/16″ in height. The slide plate is fabricated from A240 grade stainless steel and is welded to the top of the load flange. This support will be used underneath a 16″ diameter pipe with a dummy leg. It is designed for 1/16″ vertical travel and 1/8″ horizontal travel for an oil refinery in Algeria.
Live Pipe Supports Webinar
• Field Service: Problem Resolution Presentation Webinar
• September 12, 2019 – Thur. – 10 am & 2 pm CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Piping Design and Analysis Influence on Pipe Support Selection and Design
Surveying a piping system? Need to change a current system?
This course is also great for…
• New Engineers, Management and Operations
• Field, Process, Maintenance and New Engineers
• Piping and Piping System Designers and/or Instructors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. Credits