The picture above shows special components of today’s piping systems. At the top are two rings with machined surfaces required to help seal the system when operating at high pressures. Rings and spacers can be fabricated from a variety of metals including carbon steels, stainless steels, alloys such as Inconel®, Hastelloy or Titanium. The choice of materials depends on the temperatures and pressures the system is designed for. Holes can be drilled to produce bleed rings which relieve pressure slowly. The above picture shows orifice plates which are made from the same materials.
Live Pipe Supports Webinar
• Pipe Supports and Expansion Joints for Furnace Applications Webinar
• January 31, 2019 – Thur. – 10 am & 2 pm CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Piping Design and Analysis Influence on Pipe Support Selection and Design
Surveying a piping system? Need to change a current system?
This course is also great for…
• New Engineers, Management and Operations
• Field, Process, Maintenance and New Engineers
• Piping and Piping System Designers and/or Instructors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. Credits