The photo above shows three different supports fabricated by Piping Technology & Products, Inc. for a petrochemical facility in Indonesia. The smallest support, (lower right) show the interior layer of polyurethane projecting out of the outside layer. This allows the pipe insulation to overlap when installed. These units provide insulation between the very cold fluid inside the pipe and the hot, humid conditions outside. They also support the weight of the pipe and allow for movement due to thermal expansion and contraction. Micarta was used for certain supports which require greater strength.
Live Pipe Supports Webinar
• Constant Spring Supports Design and Application Webinar
• December 13, 2018 – Thur. – 10 am & 2 pm CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Piping Design and Analysis Influence on Pipe Support Selection and Design
Surveying a piping system? Need to change a current system?
This course is also great for…
• New Engineers, Management and Operations
• Field, Process, Maintenance and New Engineers
• Piping and Piping System Designers and/or Instructors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. Credits