These special sway braces that are subject to the banana effect were designed to specific requirements for a Coker Plant in Texas. With deflection capability of up to plus or minus 9″ in all directions, these sway braces are used to stabilize tall stacks. Five springs in tandem prevent binding during operation, and are necessary due to extreme length. The sway braces ranged from 70″ to 144″ in length and can handle up to 8,000 lbs. The precision machined pivoting ball joints positioned at each end allow for freedom of movement in any unpredictable direction.
Live Pipe Supports Webinar
• NEW Live Webinar: Pipe Stress Analysis and Solutions
• September 26, 2019 – Thur. – 10 am CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Piping Design and Analysis Influence on Pipe Support Selection and Design
Surveying a piping system? Need to change a current system?
This course is also great for…
• New Engineers, Management and Operations
• Field, Process, Maintenance and New Engineers
• Piping and Piping System Designers and/or Instructors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. Credits