This picture above shows tension springs being prepared to support furnace tubes in a refinery reformer. The bottom picture shows one of the five springs the customer specified have a displacement scale attached, so operators can observe the inches of movement when the spring is expanded. These springs were part of a package of materials prepared for shipment to an overseas site by Piping Technology & Products, Inc. of Houston, TX. Our customers use spring coils to support loads from a few pounds to 100,000 pounds so they come in many sizes.
Live Pipe Supports Webinar
• Engineered Spring Supports (Practical, Hands-on Approach) Webinar
• January 17, 2019 – Thur. – 10 am & 2 pm CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Piping Design and Analysis Influence on Pipe Support Selection and Design
Surveying a piping system? Need to change a current system?
This course is also great for…
• New Engineers, Management and Operations
• Field, Process, Maintenance and New Engineers
• Piping and Piping System Designers and/or Instructors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. Credits