Sweco Fab recently designed and manufactured two carbon steel sway struts with 2” adjustment capabilities for a cycle unit project. The sway strut is constructed of an 8” diameter pipe, 130 ¼” long, assembled with rod ends and brackets for an overall assembly length of 15’-0”. The 2” adjustment capability is accompanied by a load capacity up to 128 KIPS. Sway struts are used to restrain movement of piping in one direction while providing movement from thermal expansion or contraction in another direction.
Live Pipe Supports Webinar
• Field Service: Problem Resolution Presentation Webinar
• September 12, 2019 – Thur. – 10 am & 2 pm CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Piping Design and Analysis Influence on Pipe Support Selection and Design
Surveying a piping system? Need to change a current system?
This course is also great for…
• New Engineers, Management and Operations
• Field, Process, Maintenance and New Engineers
• Piping and Piping System Designers and/or Instructors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. Credits