PT&P designed and fabricated D-type variable spring supports for a coker unit in an oil refinery in the UAE. The variables are designed for a special pipe diameter of 4-3/4″. The cans are fabricated from electro-galvanized carbon steel, and the springs are coated with an electrophoretic epoxy coating. The variable springs are designed for 2.79″ of upwards movement, 300 lb. at 81°F. Standard load test and a spring rate test was performed prior to shipment.
Live Pipe Supports Webinar
• Field Service: Problem Resolution Presentation Webinar
• September 12, 2019 – Thur. – 10 am & 2 pm CDT
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Piping Design and Analysis Influence on Pipe Support Selection and Design
Surveying a piping system? Need to change a current system?
This course is also great for…
• New Engineers, Management and Operations
• Field, Process, Maintenance and New Engineers
• Piping and Piping System Designers and/or Instructors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. Credits