Piping Technology & Products, Inc. specially designed and fabricated Big Ton Variable Springs for a chemical project in Canada. The supporting beams are 30″ in length with PTFE, 25% glass filled stainless steel slide plates. The Big Ton Springs were designed with six coil springs with external guides to prevent horizontal twisting and internal guides to withstand horizontal friction forces. These units were also designed for operating loads from 260,000 to 350,000 Newtons and hydro-test loads from 300,000 to 450,600 Newtons. A total of six units were painted with a special finish specified by the client.
Live Pipe Supports Webinar
• Constant Spring Supports Design and Application Webinar
• December 13, 2018 – Thur. – 10 am & 2 pm CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Piping Design and Analysis Influence on Pipe Support Selection and Design
Surveying a piping system? Need to change a current system?
This course is also great for…
• New Engineers, Management and Operations
• Field, Process, Maintenance and New Engineers
• Piping and Piping System Designers and/or Instructors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. Credits