Piping Technology & Products, Inc. fabricated cryogenic pipe supports designed for a 14-inch pipe at a LNG plant in Algeria. The pipe operates below minus 50 degrees F, therefore the pipe supports were fabricated from three different materials in order to accommodate the low temperatures. The upper part, which clamps on to the pipe, was fabricated from a stainless steel plate that retains its strength at low temperatures. The middle section is a laminated phenolic block made from layers of wood impregnated under vacuum with a synthetic resin. A crossed orientation of the hard wood fibers is used to provide extra strength. The laminated phenolic block, which is a poor conductor of heat, was bolted to the bottom plate of the galvanized carbon steel.
Live Pipe Supports Webinar
• Pipe Shields for Beginners: Insulated Pipe Supports… for Commercial Applications Webinar
• November 29, 2018 – Thur. – 10 am & 2 pm CST
*Live Webinars are worth 1 P.E. / PDH Credit for TX Professional EngineersSign Up Now
Piping Design and Analysis Influence on Pipe Support Selection and Design
Surveying a piping system? Need to change a current system?
This course is also great for…
• New Engineers, Management and Operations
• Field, Process, Maintenance and New Engineers
• Piping and Piping System Designers and/or Instructors
*This online course is approved for 8 hrs. P.E. Credits